Welcome to a very special Lenten season at Manchester UMC
This 2017 Lenten Season will provide a wonderful opportunity for us, as a church, to be leaders in our community. Together, with those we trust and those with whom we’ve built relationships, we will begin an important dialog that has potential to ripple through our larger community. All ages, children through adults, will be given opportunities to learn and discuss issues of socio-economics, poverty and racial/cultural awareness. The special Lenten section in the front of this book highlights the many study opportunities on our Lenten themes.
Jesus had an amazing capacity for love, acceptance and courage. He also had the skill to teach those qualities to others through words and actions. As we move through the season that focuses on the amazing gifts that our Lord and Savior gave us through his life, death and resurrection, we hope you will participate in these groups and be touched deeply by our special focus for Lent 2017.
Our new Lent 2017 Adult Faith Formation Programs and Classes booklet is now available. click here!
Please click the links below for Lent 2017 classes and to access registration.
- Alpha Class: Art & Social Consciousness, March 12-26
- Alpha Class: What is it so difficult to talk about racism?, April 2
- Alpha Class: Growing income inequality in the U.S., April 9
- Christian Fellowship Class: For the Sake of All, March 12-26
- Cross-Culture Bible Study, March 22-April 12
- Early Bird Class - Monday Morning: Interrupted: When Jesus Wrecks Your Comfortable Christianity
- Early Bird Class - Tuesday Mornings: Interrupted: When Jesus Wrecks Your Comfortable Christianity
- Exploring Food Access in St. Louis, March 29
- For the Sake of Others, March 22-April 12
- Harvest Class: 30 Days, March 12-April 9
- Irresistible Revolution, March 4-25
- Joy Class: Embracing the Prophets in Contemporary Culture, March 12-April 19
- Social Impact Book Study: Waking Up White and Nobody-Casualities of America's War on the Vulnerable, from Ferguson to Flint and Beyond, March 22
- Sojourners: Freedom: A Christian Understanding, March 12
- Sunday Mornings at Bread Co.: Lenten discussion of current events
- Tuesday Morning Women's Study Group: The Parables of Jesus